Sunday, January 19, 2014

Rice Buddies

Funny story...The Hubs had a great idea to fill one of our stuffed animals with rice.  Bro A had destroyed two of the rice buddies we use to help keep the kiddos cozy in the winter time.  I'm not getting into the how's or why's of what happened.  Let's just say...he's a 5 year old boy.  ;)
So, instead of making another standard-size/shape rice buddy, The Hubs says "well, why don't you just fill one of his stuffed animals with rice instead?"  I know.  I married a genius.  (Does that make me a genius for marrying him??  We'll just say it does.)  Bro A hears our little convo and instantly goes in search of the perfect stuffed animal to de-stuff and refill with rice.
Our findings?  A Tigger that someone got for Baby G, and a snake Bro A won at the county fair.
(Please note:  If you want to destuff your own stuffed animal to fill with rice, look for one without any plastic parts, as they will melt [or worse!] in the microwave.)

Tigger was a success!




...the snake...not so much...



I guess, when I was patching and filling the carnival snake, I failed to realize that it had been sewn together with plastic thread.  After all, who uses PLASTIC thread???  Anyway, it melted in the microwave and rice came spilling out in a big HOT mess when I took it out.  :(


...So, that's what gave me the idea for this little guy.




Made with my own COTTON thread and fabric.  Haha!  It holds more rice, anyway.

Wanna make your own?  How about a pattern (with instructions)?  You're welcome!


Enjoy snuggling with your cozy new friend!



No comments:

Post a Comment