Sunday, July 13, 2014

DIY Bug Bands

So I've been seeing these Bug Bands everywhere that you wear as a bracelet and they're supposed to keep away the Mosquitos and such when you're out and about.  I thought to myself, I could totally make that with what I have at home already!  So, I did...


It's really the quickest and easiest thing I've ever made and it works like charm!

Just take any sort of string or cord that would hold moisture (plastic/rubber bands wouldn't work in this case), tie them together with a knot at the end and proceed to braid them together.  

When you get pretty close to about 6-8" down, measure it around your wrist.  If it fits well, pull the knot around and slip it between two strands.  Then keep braiding 2-3 more times.   When you have it where you want it, knot and snip the ends.  



When you're done, take Lavender Oil and pour 10 drops on one knot.  Then take Peppermint Oil and pour 10 drops on the other knot.  

Viola!  You're done.  :)

I have had mine for about a week now and it still smells pretty strong.  Plus I think they're cuter than the ones you buy in stores.  

No comments:

Post a Comment