Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Sneak Peak: Chair Reupholstery

I got my fabric for my chairs in today!!  The picture online absolutely does not do it justice.  

In our last house, my living room was pretty dark.  Our very large sofa was dark brown, there was a dark brown leather chair, my lamp shades were a dark turquoise, and even my throw pillows were patterned with turquoise, deep lime green, and black.  It was cozy and fabulous, but I've always admired rooms with light colors and lots of white.  
I realize that's not very realistic with littles in the house, but since I get to start all over with new furniture and new decor in a new house, I figure what's the harm in using lighter and brighter accent colors?  



In my new living room I'm going with white and mint green as accents.  And these two chairs in this new fabulous fabric will set the tone for my new color scheme!

Also, I've been taking a million pictures as I disect the first chair, and I'm realizing that I'll need to separate this into two posts.  The first will be taking it apart and the second, putting it back together with the new fabric.  

This may take a couple of weeks (did I mention I have littles?), so bear with me as I take my time with these two future posts!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your thoughts that the color combination of the room should be according to the furniture’s. If the color of our room and furniture were not match it will not look good even we are not feeling to sit there.

    ReplyDelete