Friday, November 15, 2013

Boy or Girl?

Ah, finally, I can post about this onesie!  The suspense has been killing me.
Some friends and I have been planning a gender neutral surprise baby shower for a friend who is waiting to find out the sex of her baby.  One of the things we all did was make adorable onesies for the new babe.  And since the baby shower was this morning, I can finally share!

As soon as I was given the blank, white onsie, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it...and I already had the perfect fabric for it (thanks to my girl, Amy, over at Joey Dresses)!

I wanted to create something that would be all boy for the snips & snails or could instantly change to all girl for the sugar & spice.  The resulting onesie ended up with snap on ruffles and a snap on bowtie!


 
 
 For the bowtie I used this tutorial over at One Young Love.  I love her tiny bow ties tutorial because its so easy to follow and she tells you exactly what you need.


 
 
The snap-on ruffles are my own little creation.  Sorry, I have no tut to share for this one.  If I make another, I will be sure and post a little tutorial for it.
 
 
 
My favorite part in that they're interchangeable and it wouldn't be terribly hard to make a few more tiny bow ties if it is a boy.  ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment