Sunday, November 3, 2013

Let's Ride

Can I let you in on a little secret?  I'm a wanna-be-cowgirl.  I've got the boots.  I dig rodeos.  I ride (other peep's)horses whenever I can get the chance.  And now to add to my collection of cowpoke-ness, with the help of my hubby, I have saddles to sit on daily!  Well, saddle stools, that is.


After a bit of thought, we figured the best (and easiest) way to do these was to buy the saddle stools from Target.com (at under $30 each, not a bad find) and old, worn out saddles from various places.  Hubs found one at an antique shop, I found one at a yard sale, and the other one came from a friend (for free!).  
Then, we screwed 2x4's on the stools to support the middle.  The larger saddle was supported vertically, while the other two worked better with the 2x4 laying horizontally.  
After we laid the saddles on top. We strapped them down, sinched up the stirrups, and screwed them in place.  
Now I (almost) feel like a genuine cowgirl.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment